Sunday, June 6, 2010

My birthday and our trip to Florida

We got back yesterday from Florida; it was a really busy week and a half, but we had a lot of fun!  While we were there, Mommy threw a baby shower for her best friend (my Aunt Julie) whose baby is due on the 4th of July - we're not sure yet if it's a boy or a girl, but I sure am excited to meet him or her!  The next day was my birthday party (2 days before my actual birthday).  I had so much fun!  I got to see a bunch of my family members that I haven't seen since Christmas, I got a bunch of presents to play with, AND I got to eat cake.  It was awesome.  Here are some pictures from the party:

My Aunt Sam with my cousins Dillon and Alexis, getting ready to go swimming

 Me, Daddy, and Poppa

 Aunt Julie & Uncle Bryan

 Me with my cousins Isa and Jenny

 My Aunt Staci and cousin Dillon waiting patiently for cake

 Eating lunch - BBQ chicken and mac & cheese

 The big cake

 Me and Mommy with my great-grandfather Drew - I just wanted cake!!

 Everyone singing Happy Birthday


Finally:  cake!  I started out slow...




But once I figured out how good it was I dug right in!


After awhile I decided I didn't really need to use my hands.
Then they took it away...and I got MAD!  They said something about a sugar high, but I think they were just being silly.


After the cake, I got to open presents.  I got a lot of new toys to play with!

The party was a lot of fun and I'm so glad all the people who love me could be there!

While we were in Florida we had to go to the beach!  Mommy, Daddy, and my great-grandfather took me.  We had a tent that protected us from the sun, so it was nice and shady.  I wasn't too sure about the sand, but we had some fun playing with it.  


On my birthday we went out for all-you-can-eat crab legs - Mommy and Daddy's favorite!  I wasn't too excited about the crab legs, but I had fun playing with Grandma and Aunt Staci.


Daddy had to go home earlier than Mommy and I did so he could pick up the dogs from the kennel, and he took all my toys with him in the car.  I didn't have a lot to play with, so I spent most of my time taking all of Grandma's Tupperware out of the cabinet; Mommy would put it all back in, and then I would take it out again.  It was great fun!
 

We also hung out with my great-grandparents a lot, which was really fun.  They celebrated their 55th wedding anniversary while we were in town, and Mommy and my Uncle Tim threw them a surprise party and invited all their friends and family!  They were shocked and we all had a great time.

While we were there I got a new tooth (#8!), learned a new word ("Uh oh"), and started clapping and dancing.  I also learned what to do when someone asks me how old I am:

It was a crazy week and half, but it was lots of fun!  Mommy and I were very tired when we got home and we both slept late today.  I loved seeing my family and friends but I'm glad to be back home! 

No comments:

Post a Comment