Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Maya is here!

Sorry it's been so long since I've posted...I've been a little busy!

Well, as most of you know, Maya Leigh Posada was born on January 11th at 8:09 AM, weighing 8lb 1oz.  She is beautiful (if I do say so myself)!  She is already such a part of the family that we couldn't imagine life without her.  Here are some pictures of her birth:

Noah and daddy in the hotel the night before (it snowed like crazy so we stayed across the street from the hospital so we could be sure to get there in the morning)

The one and only belly pic I took during the pregnancy - the morning of her birth, before leaving for the hospital

Daddy in his scrubs

waiting to go into surgery

our first picture together :)



first picture with Daddy
Please excuse the vacant look in my eyes in the next few pictures; I was pretty drugged!
 




I'm so glad my grandparents were able to make it up here for her birth!
 
with Grandmother

with Granddaddy


with our friend Lindsay

first picture of brother and sister together!

with Dr. Eia

checking out his baby sister - he pointed to her eyes, nose, mouth, ears, fingers, and toes...I guess he wanted to make sure she had all her parts!



 with our friend Adam




So far she has a very mellow personality; as long as she's clean and fed, she's happy - except at night!  At night she wants to be entertained all the time.  I guess she's going to be a party animal...that should be fun when she's a teenager, right!?

We went home from the hospital on the 13th, and it was so nice to be home!  We've been trying to get into the swing of things ever since.  It's an adjustment for all of us, but so far it's been great!


Noah loves to give her kisses.





Ray's mom, stepdad, and sister Staci came for a few days to meet the new addition.

Staci with Maya

Noah and "Mimi"

 Grandma and Maya




this was the first time he held her - you can't tell, but he had a huge grin on his face.  :)





Noah is great with his new baby sister.  He loves to give her kisses and hugs, and tries to give her the paci when she cries.  He's very gentle with her and doesn't seem to have any jealousy issues directly with her.  He does get frustrated much more easily than he did before, and gets angry with me and Ray more easily.  It's a big adjustment for him, but I know he'll  be fine before too long.
 

pointing to daddy's teeth



Noah is still doing great at school and is learning more words everyday - he amazes us sometimes.  He's such a great kid, and we're so lucky to have him!

I did a photo shoot to try and get a picture for Maya's birth announcement; I am clearly NOT a great photographer, but I got a few good ones: 
 




1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the new addition! We had our baby too. Myla joind our family on Christmas eve! So glad Noah is doing great with her... We weren't so lucky over here, Eli struggled the first few weeks. :( Glad everything is going smooth and she is simply beautiful. Looks like Noah when he was younger in some pictures!

    ReplyDelete